#4 Steve Jobs’ 2005 Stanford Commencement Address

       

(PhotographerVlada Karpovich / Link:Pexels)

The address was held at Stanford commencement in 2005 about eighteen years ago. And now it still has far-reaching benefits for graduating students. 

When we think of Steve Jobs, we will think of his Apple product such as iPhone, iPad, and iMac. The video of this address was my first time listening to Steve Jobs's speech and it inspired me. 

He said the three stories are about connecting the dots, love&loss, and death. 

There are many great Steve Jobs quotes that we can learn. Two of the quotes is my favorite sentence and I think it is the best one to study and keep in mind.    


The first quote is “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.” 

Because we never know what might be happening in the future, so we have to keep moving forward. 

For the past five years, I was major in accounting at the National Taipei University of Business. But I think accounting is boring, annoying and difficult. We usually have exams all day long in the class. Studying accounting makes me really stressed. 

At the end of the last two years of my student life. I  change my major to finance. Actually, I am confused about my future. If someone asks me " Do you like accounting?" I will say "No." but do I really hate it? " I don't know." That's the reason why I studied in finance now. I want to learn more different knowledge and maybe I will find what my favorite is.

The second quote is “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” 

 I like this sentence. Some people are easily overwhelmed by the thoughts and opinions of others. But if we spend too much time dwelling on other people's opinions, we'll lose our creativity and increasingly lack in confidence about ourselves. It will be very discouraging. Because we can't make everyone happy. 

Don't let the noise iced our enthusiasm.



留言

張貼留言

熱門文章